Monday, June 13, 2011

Something new for the design wall...wow, has it been a while!

Last post I said I was finally going to be able to do some quilting again. So naturally, the very next day my machine started acting up. I was doing some machine quilting and somehow managed to throw the timing off. I was working on this at the time.

I am fortunate enough to have a back-up machine, but I like the stitch quality better of my main machine for quilting. So I put this quilt aside for when I get that machine back from repairs and started a new project.

Here is what I have so far. Some of these are only partially stitched together. And I still need to make some more blocks.


These blocks are from the Crab Apples quilt pattern in Bonnie Hunter's book 'Adventures with Leaders and Enders'. I am working with my scraps on this one and I can't really tell I have used any from the looks of my scrap bins. Sigh. I guess I will need to try a few more of the patterns in the book.


To see what other quilters are working on, check out Judy's blog.







4 comments:

AnnieO said...

Hope you get your main machine back soon to quilt that pretty little quilt. Love the Crab Apples!

Scraps multiply like yeast bread, I think, when you are not looking.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

The Tree of Life block is my absolute favorite! What a gorgeous quilt this is going to be!

Marti said...

I love the pinwheels and butterflies. I hope you get your other machine back soon so you can show that whole quilt to us. lol

I want to get the Leaders & Enders book too. It looks like a great way to use scraps.

I never thought of doing the tree of life with scraps, but after seeing yours, I can see that it is even better with so many green variations than just one.

Teresa said...

I have always wanted to make a tree quilt like that - yours is looking fantastic.